The Congressional Management Foundation is dedicated to helping Congress and its Members meet the evolving needs and expectations of an engaged and informed 21st century citizenry by:
- Identifying and disseminating best management, communication and citizen engagement practices through research, publication, training, consulting and facilitation activities;
- Studying and disseminating how to use continuously changing technologies to facilitate and enhance interactions between Congress and its constituents;
- Providing venues in which congressional staff from both parties come together to learn and share best practices;
- Exploring best practices for creating productive dialogue across party lines at Member level in the service of effective policy making and oversight;
- Being both a constructive critic and a champion of Congress, calling attention to practices that need improvement and defending practices that promote legislative comity and effectiveness; and
- Sharing institutional insight and best practices with others, ranging from congressional intern programs, to advocacy groups, to emerging and mature legislatures in other countries and other levels of government.
CMF pursues its mission with a commitment to non-partisanship, excellence of work product, integrity and responsiveness towards all our stakeholders.
We safeguard the organization’s credibility through our professionalism, political awareness and sensitivity to the confidentiality of our client work.
We deliver excellence through client focus, intellectual rigor and creativity.
We attract and retain the caliber of staff to maintain these standards by offering meaningful work in a collegial, supportive and family-friendly environment.