Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:30AM - 12:30PM
New Jersey Ave SE & C Street SE
This course is for House staff who currently write and/or manage constituent mail and want to improve their writing and lessen the administrative burden of correspondence. Registration is required. To register for or view upcoming programs, please visit http://registerme.house.gov (internal link only).
In this class, House staff will:
- Learn the various approaches for responding to constituent mail
- Draft a constituent response based on best practices
- Learn techniques and tips for improving turnaround time
- Handle difficult, politically-sensitive, and hostile letters
- Receive guidance on sounding like your Member
This program is conducted by the Congressional Management Foundation under contract with the Chief Administrative Officer of the U.S. House of Representatives.