Launched in 2010, CMF's Partnership for a More Perfect Union is dedicated to meaningful civic engagement between citizens and Congress. We deliver innovative and pragmatic tools to facilitate purposeful two-way communication.
Those who join the Partnership will not only be helping to improve the relationship and communication between citizens and Members of Congress, you will also enjoy many benefits that will help improve your own communications to Capitol Hill.
Resources for Partners
- In-person Presentations. Speeches and trainings at your organization's annual conference, lobby day or fly-in. Interactive exercises available.
- Research Content to Repurpose. Access to raw CMF research in formats organizations can utilize in your own newsletters and presentations.
- On-Demand Training Videos. Short videos (3-10 minutes each), co-branded with your organization's logo, on topics designed to educate your supporters on interacting with Capitol Hill.
- Advanced Training for Experts. Discounts to the Advocacy Leaders Network, a workshop series for grassroots professionals held quarterly in half-day training sessions.
- Co-branded Webinars. Webinars co-branded with your organization to provide your grassroots supporters/members/employees with key guidance on building relationships with Congress.
- Professional Advocate Webinars (not co-branded). Webinars for full/part-time grassroots professionals or experienced grass-tops supporters on the latest CMF research.
- Citizen Advocate Webinars (not co-branded). Webinars primarily for supporters who engage in a limited amount of advocacy activity per year.
- Surveys of Congressional Staff. Private briefings and webinars on research provided only to CMF Partners.
Topics of Presentations
- "Screaming Monkeys, Roaring Lions: Making Noise vs. Making a Difference on Capitol Hill"
- "Use Social Media to Build Relationships with Lawmakers"
- "How to Build an Event in the State Members of Congress Will Attend"
- "How to Turn a 10-Minute Meeting with a Legislator into a Life-Long Relationship"
- "Tell a Story to Win the Hearts, Minds, and Votes of Lawmakers"
- "How to Build Relationships with Freshmen Lawmakers"
All content is based on CMF's 35-year history of working with Members of Congress and staff, utilizing extensive surveys, focus groups, and interviews.
Please contact the Congressional Management Foundation to discuss the membership level that best suits your needs.