This course is for staff who currently write and/or manage constituent mail and want to improve their writing and lessen the administrative burden of correspondence. You will:
- Learn the various approaches for responding to constituent mail
- Draft a constituent response based on best practices
- Learn techniques and tips for improving turnaround time
- Handle difficult, politically-sensitive, and hostile letters
- Receive guidance on sounding like your Member
This program is conducted by the Congressional Management Foundation through a competitive bid contract with the Chief Administrative Officer of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Writing Effective Constituent Correspondence programs are held monthly. Please visit our Events Calendar for scheduled courses. Note that dates, times, and locations are subject to change.
Registration is required. To register for or view upcoming programs, please visit http://registerme.house.gov (internal link only), and select "Staff Development."
Seating is limited and will fill up quickly. For more information, please visit the House intranet at http://registerme.house.gov
(internal link only).