CMF offers customized mail consultation services to help individual offices improve their mail system:
- Make decisions about how to prioritize mail and answer it strategically;
- Enhance your ability to handle high volumes of constituent communications;
- Make greater use of your Correspondence Management System;
- Speed the turnaround of replies to a few days or weeks;
- Develop more accurate information on your office's output and ways to monitor and reward staff performance;
- Clarify staff duties and the timeframes for each phase of the mail management and writing process; and
- Develop a mail manual that formalizes the office policies and procedures.
CMF works with congressional offices to design a new mail system (based on a model system developed by CMF) that meets the following objective: faster delivery of letters and e-mail to constituents. The CMF Model Mail System achieves one-week turnaround of 85 percent of your mail and e-mail and two-week turnaround of the remaining 15 percent. CMF’s mail assessments are short-term, focused and recommendation-oriented. Depending on the schedules of the Member and staff, we are able to complete the assessment within 3-6 weeks, and progress is evident within weeks of making the changes.