The 2007 Gold Mouse Report: Lessons from the Best Web Sites on Capitol Hill marks the fourth time that CMF has evaluated all Member, committee, and leadership Web sites and recognized the best Congressional Web sites with Mouse Awards. Previously released in 2002, 2003, and 2006, the 2007 report reflects the importance of the Internet in the everyday lives of Americans.
The 2007 Gold Mouse Report includes:
- In-depth analysis of trends and important findings regarding the overall state of congressional Web sites since the 2006 report, as well as trends and findings within in each chamber, between the parties, and among past award winners.
- A List of Award Winners and updated, comprehensive methodology reflecting the latest Web developments and user expectations.
- Interviews with freshmen and multi-year award-winning offices which offer insight into the management practices which foster an atmosphere for success on the Web.
- A list of the six elements of a successful congressional Web site and descriptions, key considerations, and standard tools for each-- a handy guide for congressional offices seeking to improve their site.
- Screenshots from the Web sites of the Gold and Silver Mouse winners.
With the 2007 report, CMF offers offices the tools, inspiration, and resources congressional offices need improve their Web sites.
View the 2007 Mouse Award winners!
Visit the Gold Mouse Briefing page to watch video and download slides from our training session.
Download the entire 2007_GoldMouseReport (3.35MB)
Copyright 2007 by the Congressional Management Foundation