You might be able to do it alone, but it's easier with some help! In fact, it's close to impossible for a single staffer to create an award-winning website by himself. If it takes a village to raise a child, it takes an entire office to maintain an excellent website.
Award winners consistently tell us that everyone in the office is involved in some way. Every office handles things a little differently and you should certainly find a system that works best for you. To get you started, however, here's an example of how the different staff could contribute:
- The press office can ensure the latest media (press releases, video, etc.) get posted to the website
- Interns can scan the site for broken links, typos, and outdated references
- Legislative assistants can regularly review the issue pages
- District/state staff can review the constituent services section
- Senior management can review and approve all major changes
Hear more about how 'What Makes an Award Winning Website' directly from the award winners themselves:
Creating an exemplary website can seem like a daunting task, and if it's the job of only one person, it is! But when the whole office is involved and all staff are on board and contributing, it's a whole lot easier.